Crab legs could be the meatiest part of the crab. The crab legs taste depends upon their spices and could be one of the most delicious part to get eat. However the Alaskan king crabs are the greatest of all and no other crabs can beat them regarding the length of their leg and the amount of meat that is extracted from them. The good thing about the crab legs are, when you get those from a market they are cooked and frozen off well. So if you do not take much time for cooking these, you just need to apply your way of heating them.
This process is done on the boats in which crabs are being caught, they are immediately cooked on the boat it self and store in deep fridge. This activity helps in retaining the taste and freshness of the meat. The crab legs need to kept in the fridge before you bring them up for cooking. This process needs at least 8 hours. Avoid getting the thawed crab legs from the market, as they lack in taste and freshness. Always go for frozen or pre-cooked crab legs. Following are some of the best and easy method for cooking crab legs:
1 – Steam Crab legs – One of the most common method that is being used for cooking the crab legs, by steaming it. Be careful in choosing the strainer, as these crabs only bent at their joints, so sometimes it becomes difficult that, all the crab legs could be stored in once. Following are the methods for steaming the crab legs.
- Fill almost half the steamer with water and add salt as per your taste and bring it to the boiling point.
- When the water is at full boiling point, place the crab legs bent along with their joints and place them in a steamer basket.
- Place a lid on the steamer basket and allow the legs to steam for at least 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remember you just need to pre heat the legs as they are being cooked earlier only. The moment the aroma rises out from the steamer, remove it from the heat.
- Serve them hot with butter on the top or lemon slices.
2 – Boiled Crab legs – Since the crab legs only bent at their joints, so always keep an extra large pot when you are thinking for cooking the crab legs. If you are getting the crab legs, store them in refrigerator over for a night and they should be properly covered. The boiled crab legs could be easy to made by the following.
- The large pot is to be filled almost half with water. Add salt as per your taste and seasoning can be done as per your taste.
- Bring the water to its boiling point and place the crab legs in it.
- Afterwards reduce the height to medium and allow them to simmer and heat for 6 to 7 minutes.
- When the water comes to normal again pre heat to its boiling point for a minute.
- Take out the crab legs carefully from the pot and serve them hot.
- You can also serve them with melted butter and few lemon slices for a better tasty experience.
3 – Baked Crab legs – Sometimes it is that easy to enjoy – delicious crab legs just in a fraction of minute. Baking them in oven is not much difficult as the above methods. For getting a delightful crab leg baked, here are some steps that you need to do.
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Place a baking rack in between the oven.
- Crack the whole leg of the crab. This could be easily done with the help of kitchen shears. But make sure that they are being rinsed and thawed off well.
- Place the crab legs into the baking tray. Brush the legs with olive oil or butter before placing them in the oven. You can season them with lemon juice and salt according to your taste.
- Now allow them to get cooked in the oven for at least 10 minutes. Remove them and served them hot. You can use seafood fork, to take out the meat easily.
4 – Grilled Crab legs – One of the most exciting ways to cook crab legs, indeed every one likes to cook food on a grille. Perfect for every party, helps in creating a decor of party in the house. Following are some steps you need to look on, before you put your crab leg on the grille.
- Set the grille on high heat out side your house.
- Brush the legs with olive oil, before putting them to the grille.
- Put the legs on the grille and keep changing to other side after every 5 to 6 minute. Until the legs tends to turn little brownish in color.
- Crab legs gets to cool down fast, so after taking them off from the grille, wrap them into aluminum foil.
Conclusion – Something very delightful recipe to have along with your friends or a family gatherings. Crab legs are superb in taste and they come already cooked and frozen, so not a great amount of time is to be given for the preparation. If the crab legs are not pre-cooked then, increase the boiling time up to 20 minutes, so that the meat is ready for eating.