A meal of lobster tails is like a feast to your guest as well as your family. Lobster tails are easy to prepare for us and it is the delicious sea food. It can be prepared by various method but generally prepared by three process; Boiling, Grilling, Broil and by Steam method of cooking. It is served with melted butter and lemon.
Buying a lobster
- Tail of lobster should be curl when you take in your hand.
- Make it sure that there both claws in place.
- The harder of the shell on the lobster means that it will contains more meat and softer shells have little meat.
- The lobster should not have signs of discoloration on its complete body.
Process for boiling lobster tails
From beginning we thaw frozen lobster tails by placing it into cold water for 35 minutes and for giant lobster tails we place it again for additional 15 minutes into cold water. After that we find that our lobster tails become flexible.
Recipe Type: seafood, lobster
Yields: for servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 4 live lobster
- 2 or 3 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup butter melted
- 2 tablespoon olive oil.
- one (1) lobster tail per person.
Fill half full of water in pot, sprinkle some salt to water and put that pot on stove. When water get boiled deep lobster tails one by one into it. Apply moderate flame of stove to boil it. Boil lobster for 15 to 25 minutes to completely cook. After that you will find it would turned into white color, there is no transparency in meat and the shell becomes bright red in color.
Process for preparing lobster tails by boiling.
- Fill sufficient water in a pot for boiling lobster tails.
- Bring that pot on stove, let it to be boil and drop lobster tails one by one into boiled water.
- Boil lobster tails for 5 minutes in moderate flame.
- After 5 minutes remove all lobster tails from the pot.
- After removing all lobster tails leave it for 5 minutes to cool down.
- With the help of knife cut soft underside of the shell.
- It will appear completely white in color and if it not appear white it looks translucent then boil it again for 5 minutes.
Process for grill lobster tails
- In process of grill, thaw lobster tails completely.
- Arrange lobster tails bottom side up on a cutting board.
- By the help of sharp knife cut its tail in half in lengthwise.
- Deep it into cold water for 30 minutes and pat dry with paper towel.
- Brush lobster tail with butter gently.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat and arrange lobster tail flesh on oiled grates for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Rotate lobster tail flesh over and cook for additional 5 minutes until meat get white in color.
- Apply some butter brush on it time to time when in the process of grill.
Process for Broil Lobster Tails
- In process of broil, thaw lobster tails by dropping it into cold water for 30 minutes. You will find tails become flexible.
- After that, thaw lobster tails cut it to its lengthwise through the top of shell with the help of sharp knife.
- While cutting lobster tails we have to cut its meat also.
- Remove the digestive tract.
- After cleaning the tail, pry the shell open with your hands. Starting at the base of the tail.
- After that lift the meat through the opening and arrange it on the top of the shell.
- Brush it with butter gently broil at least 5 inches aware from your heat source for 8 minutes.
- After that brush it with butter and broil it for additional 5 minutes until meat gets white in color.
Process to steam lobster tails.
- In process of steam, lobster tails thaw completely.
- With the help of sharp kitchen knife cut it between shell and meat lengthwise.
- With sharp kitchen knife cut lobster half lengthwise and deep into the cold water for 5 minutes.
- To avoid meat from curling while steaming fix a wooden skewer between the meat.
- Arrange one quart of water to be boil.
- Keep tails in top steam colander and cover the pot completely.
- Apply steam for about 2 minute per ounce.
- After that brush it with melted butter gently over it.
Tip: When you cooked lobster meat for a dish, try boiling method because it easiest method. In this method lobster tails will cook in very less time so that the meat can be extracted to the shell easily method.
– Lobster tail meat is best to cook fresh.
– If you want to keep fresh lobster, you have to chilled it into refrigerator.