China is believed to be discoverer of noodles. Earlier, around 2000 BC they made noodles with combination of millet or cereals grains. Latterly, many countries across world adopted noodles; they made noodles in different varieties and classified by their ingredients.
While China explore noodles first but Japan takes credit of creating noodles in easy process and inexpensive kinds of noodles known as Ramen noodles. Today every country across world adopted this process of cooking noodles as in cultural. They are considered as good for health because of containing low sodium and low in fat.
Noodles are also treated as good source of vitamins and minerals like- riboflavin, thiamine and niacin. So, they are best source of energy too. Noodles are known fancy dish throughout world. Surprisingly, consumption of noodles in Australia per annum approximately 18 million kg i.e. 1 kg per person.
Noodles are either manufactured by machine cutting or hand pulling. After they processed by drying for long term of its life and stored in refrigerator for survival of 3 to 5 days.Commonly, flavor used in top ramen brand noodles are non vegetarian and seasoning of flavors such as shrimp, turkey, chicken and other non vegetarian ingredients.
Another amazingly fact about noodles, they can cook or eaten in varieties of ways even some of peoples likes consume raw. Asian noodles are generally made with flour, rice or eggs but every variety are different with each other by their flavors and characteristics. If you are going to prepare soup base recipes, reach to egg noodles, it doesn’t absorb liquid to certain point and it not gets soggy when mix with soup.
Commonly, Asian noodles are long in length and they can be flat, wavy or round strands and they are eaten hot or cold. For egg based noodles don’t try to overcook your noodles, left in soup when it reaches to highest boiling point and only allow for approx. 2 minutes.
When you store noodles in proper manner it will may last to around 2 weeks. Rice noodles must store in dry and cool place. Noodles is one of the most popularly liked dish by children. We can prepare numerous recipes with noodles in very simple and cool methods, some of different recipes I am going to share with you.
Some of best and simple cooking method of Noodles
- Veg hakka noodles:
It is very popular Indo- China style of cooking noodles in our culture. It is popularly served in home as well as in restaurants with different vegetables, cheese and sauces.
Preparation time: 6 to 8 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 26 minutes
- 2 packets of noodles
- ½ Chopped onion
- Chopped carrot
- 2 French beans
- Finely chopped cabbage or broccoli
- 3 tablespoon chopped mushrooms
- Chopped capsicum
- ½ tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 and ½ tsp white liquid vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp tomato sauce
- Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Bring deep saucepan on heat and pour 4 cups of water.
- Add noodles and boil it until it soft and not allow overcooking it results soggy.
- Drain noodles from saucepan and apply little olive oil, helps in non sticky.
- Pour little oil in saucepan and allow it to heat on medium flame.
- Add chopped onions and chilies to saucepan and fry it for 2 minutes until it gets golden brown color.
- Add rest vegetables and cook it for 1 and ½ minutes until it changes color and soft.
- Add your noodles and combine with cooked vegetables and toss continuously for 2 minutes and drizzle vinegar and soya sauce.
- Apply sauces like tomato and chili and fry until it gets completely coated and sprinkle salt as required taste.
- If desire season with coriander leaves and sliced onions.
- Serve it hot.
- Cooking wheat or egg noodles:
- Pour 4 cups of water in a big saucepan and boiled it on medium flame.
- Add pinch of salt in light boiled water it helps to improves noodle’s flavor and maintain temperature so that reduce your cooking time.
- If you selected spaghetti noodles, you need to break in two half and place in boiled water.
- You need to boil your noodles for 6 to 8 minutes until it tender.
- Drain noodles in another bowl and apply little oil so that it completely coated, helps in non sticky.
- Season with salt, pepper, plain butter and coriander leaves.
- These noodles are used in different soups or pasta sauce.
- Cooking rice noodles:
- Soak your dried rice noodles in cold water for 35 minutes.
- Drain water from noodles.
- Bring a saucepan on heat and pour 4 cups of water and little salt, allow for boil.
- Place your soaked noodles into boiled water.
- Boiling of rice noodles depends upon type of your noodles but you can boil it for approximately 5 minutes until it soft and translucent in nature.
- With the help of colander drain your noodles.
- You may use this kind of noodles as in salad or in soup.
- Cooking Mung bean noodles:
- Boil water in saucepan for 4 minutes.
- Remove saucepan to heat and allow cooling slightly, when water becomes warm place mung bean noodles.
- Mung bean noodles only need to soak in light hot water.
- Add little salt and leave in hot water for 15 minutes until it soft.
- Drain noodles by taking help of colander.
- You can use these noodles as in soups or may stir fries.
- Cooking Buckwheat noodles (Soba):
- Bring to heat a large saucepan and pour 3 cups of water and add pinch of salt.
- Add noodles in boiled water and boil it for 4 minutes.
- Add cold water in saucepan to prevent from overcooking of noodles. Overcooking noodles may result mushy.
- Leave noodles in hot water until it becomes soft and tender.
- Drain water from saucepan and pour again cold water to make sure of stop cooking of noodles.
- Drain noodles and season with grilled vegetables and serve it hot.