Most people are surprise to hear about oat in smoothies but make you understand that oats gives your smoothies extra thickness. If you are bored to consume several fruits smoothies than you must try oatmeal smoothies it will gives you extra delicious taste and best in texture. First of all I want to share some benefits of oat; oats are fully loaded with fiber and proteins. Mainly, oats are made up of whole grains, after consuming it reduces the risk of several diseases like diabetes and high blood pressure.
By consuming oats regular it also reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and they are also good source of minerals, iron, vitamins B and magnesium. If a person suffering with high cholesterol, after eating regular in morning breakfast it reduces cholesterol level. Adding oatmeal in your breakfast or lunch it makes feel full for a brief period. Oatmeal is also easiest way to feed your children whole grains because you know how important whole grain is for children in body structure growth. Many of children or teenagers avoid whole grains but it is very bad for their health because they cannot get sufficient amount of nutrition for their body development.
Oatmeal smoothies are not only delicious or smooth but they are complete package of nutrition which is beneficial for our health. These smoothies are best to serve in morning with breakfast to complete fuel our tummy. Oatmeal smoothies are very easy and simple to prepare in home. I can guess many of people are excited to know about its method of preparation so, I have decided to share some of the best tips to all of you.
- Prep time: 6-8 minutes
- Blending time: 2-4 minutes
- Total time: 12 minutes
Ingredients required for oatmeal smoothies:
- Chia seeds
- Skimmed milk 2 cups
- Fruit juice (any fruit juice as per your choice)
- Cocoa powder
- Vanilla ice cream
- 6 ice cubes
Directions for preparing oatmeal smoothies:
- Arrange all ingredients in one place for your convenience.
- Add oats and chia seeds into blender and blend it on high speed for 40 seconds. Blend it till it become smooth in texture; I am saying this because blender power varies; many blender takes few second and some takes minutes to blend.
- Add skimmed milk, fruit juice (I suggest you to choose banana juice) and yogurt into blender’s jar.
- Add vanilla ice cream, cocoa powder and honey to make your smoothies smooth and thicker.
- Finally, we add 4 ice cubes to balance our smoothies thicker.
- Blend all ingredients till it becomes smooth and thicker.
- If you added some dry fruits then you have to blend for additional one minute for making your smoothies delicious and fine.
- If you are looking for thinner smoothies then you may add some fruit juice or skimmed milk and 2 ice cubes.
Taste: creamy, thicker smooth and sweet.
How to serve:
You can serve in morning with breakfast by adding crushed ice and some different types of dry fruits. It makes your oatmeal smoothies fancy and delicious.
- Use blender of good quality because good quality blender results your smoothies smooth.
- Blend combination of chia seeds and oats very fine as flour consistency. If the mixture is finer than it results your smoothies smooth in texture.
- If you are looking for thinner smoothies then you must add crushed ice or ice cubes.
- Serve it with some dry fruits and crushed ice because kids love dry fruits.