Cooking vegetables may destroy beneficial nutrients. Blending vegetables for making various green smoothies doesn’t loss their nutrients, this happens due to you consume all veggies in form of drinking. Vegetables smoothies are not only amazing in taste but it offers many health and medicinal benefits. If you bored to fruit and dairy milk smoothies, must try vegetables smoothies. They are green in color and versatile in characteristics. These smoothies are also very popular among peoples, mostly liked by health conscious persons.
Mainly, they includes combination of green leafy, fruits and green vegetables, like- Kale, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, collard, and green turnip etc. they provides maximum pure nutrition to our body. But amount of nutrient depends upon selection of vegetables and fruits such as vitamins, calcium and protein etc. Moreover, vegetables and fruit offer high Vitamins A and C, Guava consist high fol ate but avocados is high in potassium and magnesium.
Vegetables smoothies are made up of whole vegetables and they much healthier compare to dairy milk smoothies. When you extract juices from it, provides maximum amount of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Many people like fruits but they didn’t like vegetable, this makes bad impact on health. Vegetables smoothies are very effortless way to eat whole vegetable, even realizing it and also easiest way to feed your kids veggies.
They are very easy and simple to prepare in home, there is only requirement of whole vegetables, fruits and blender. Homemade smoothies are cheaper comparison to juice bars and you are not sure about its nutrition. If you make vegetable smoothies in home, you can choosy of vegetables/ fruits and its yield nutrition. Consuming vegetables smoothies at morning with breakfast yields high energy but when we eat single kind of veggies it yields less burst of energy.
Consuming combination of different kind of veggies and fruits balance sugar content if any ingredients contains more sugar. They are low in calories due to consisting of maximum amount of water and fiber. Smoothies are very easily digested in our stomach because we know that liquids are easily get digest to whole vegetables. Vegetables smoothies prevent from several diseases like mainly heart and diabetes. It helps in reducing our body weight and it keeps away from obesity. They reduce risk of depression, cancer and cholesterol.
Antioxidants reduced risk against different kind of cancer. Veggies are best anti-inflammatory food; it helps to fight against arthritis and asthma. By adding vegetable smoothies in our diet it helps to reduce cholesterol level so it also best for cardiovascular support to our body. Fiber and sulfur are best for detoxifying our body and it keeps liver healthy and proper functioning.
Nothing better than Vitamins A for keeping our vision strong, healthy skin and protect against oral cavity cancers. Vitamins C boost our immune system and metabolism system for proper functioning of body. Green leafy vegetables like kale contains more calcium than milk and it most responsible for better development of bones.
I can predict many people are aware about green vegetable and wanted to get high amount of nutrition so follow some of best and easiest instruction for preparing vegetable smoothies in homemade style.
- Prep time: 5-6 minutes
- Blending time: 2-4 minutes
- Total time: 8 minutes
Required ingredients for vegetable smoothies:
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup kale or broccoli (optional)
- ½ cup green apple or ripe apple (optional)
- 1 medium size banana
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup purified water
- 4 ice cubes
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- Wash vegetable and fruits in cold water for 1 minute to remove its impurities.
- Arrange all ingredients in a single place for your convenient.
- Cut spinach and kale like ribbon in shape and add in blender’s jar.
- Cut broccoli into quarterly shredded and place into jar.
- Peel and cut banana into slices for convenient to electric blender to blend. And it helps to make your smoothies thick juicy.
- Add water, pineapple juice, carrot and honey as to taste into blender’s jar.
- Blend it for 1 minute, you will find that your smoothies becomes thicker.
- Add ½ cup water and 3 ice cubes to make smoothies thinner and light green in taste.
- Blend it again for 1 minute until your smoothies become thinner.
- If your ingredient looks slushy, blend it for additional 30 seconds by adding 2 ice cubes until it smooths.
Taste: Herbal mild sweet.
- Select fresh vegetables and fruit for healthy smoothies.
- Wash vegetables/fruits in cold running water for removal of impurities.
- Before blending check its cap of blender whether it properly arrange.
- For high nutrient you may use curly kale leaves.
- If you desire, replace broccoli with cabbage.
- If your smoothies looking thicker due to veggies, add extra water or ice cubes to make thinner.
- If it tastes bitter, you may add a sweet fruits like banana, mango or kiwis.