Have you ever thought about red flesh inside watermelon, how it forms or due to which reason? Reason behind it, contains a powerful antioxidants known lycopene, it helps to provide red color to watery watermelon. It is generally raised in summer season but it is available throughout year in every part of earth.
Drinking watermelon smoothies improves tongue taste as well as offers significant health benefits and it is fully loaded nutrients package. Seriously, there are many reasons to add watermelon smoothies in your daily diet. Watermelon includes high vitamins c and beta carotene, it also contain more lycopene comparing to tomato. Without vitamins C cannot functions those enzymes which help in forming collagen, it helps in healing wounds.
These powerful antioxidants help to resist your cardiovascular system from radical damage and reduce the risk of heart disease. Lycopene shows several beneficial characteristic to health, it protects our skin from ultra violate damage, photo aging, skin cancer and wrinkles.
Watermelon consist two surprisingly interesting nutrients named citrulline and arginine. Citrulline boosts our heart health, immune system, diabetes and beneficial for weight loss. Arginine helps to boosts nitric oxide, present in our body; it helpful for treatment and relaxing our blood vessels and also in removable of toxins from our body.Watermelon is incredible in hydrating, about 90% water consist every watermelon. Watermelon is natural diuretics, main function is to increase flow of urine.
It is best in potassium and natural electrolyte; it regulates action of nerves and muscles. They are also good source of beta-carotene, it converted to vitamins A in our body. It helps in producing pigment in retina (eye) and prevent from night blindness. Select always ripe watermelon because they include anti-inflammatory support.
Watermelon smoothies are best body fuel in hot summer days; they are also delicious as other many smoothies. They are very easily prepared in home with the help of electric blender. Here I am going to share some ideas about preparation of watermelon smoothies.
- Prep time: 5-6 minutes
- Blending time: 2-3 minutes
- Total time: 8 minutes
- 400 gm watermelon
- 6 Ice cubes
- 1 or 2 tablespoon sugar (as per your taste)
- Fruit yogurt
Instructions for preparing watermelon smoothies:
- Cut watermelon quarterly as lengthwise from center and remove skin carefully with the help of sharp kitchen knife.
- Make sure seeds are completely removed before blending.
- Cut watermelon in small cubes, helpful in blending.
- Place small cubes of watermelon into electric blender’s jar.
- Add 4 ice cubes, to make smoothies thinner and icy cool.
- Add fruit or vanilla yogurt it does depend in your choice of taste, it helps your smoothies to make thicker and creamy.
- Add sugar 1 or more tsp as per requirement of sweetness of smoothies, it makes your smoothies additional sweetness.
- Blend all ingredients for 1 minute until it gets smooth, if it not possible in 1 minute then blend for additional 35 seconds.
- Serve it cold in hot days by garnishing 1 ice cubes, raspberry and slice of strawberry.
Taste: Sweet and smooth.
- Always select fresh and ripe watermelon to make healthy and delicious smoothies.
- Remove carefully its skin, use always sharp kitchen knife.
- Cut in small cubes for convenient in blending.
- It’s is better to store in refrigerator for its freshness.
- If desired to make your smoothies thicker, add some additional vanilla yogurt.
- If you are looking for fancy smoothies garnish with additional ice cubes, slice of strawberry on top of glass and sprinkle some cherries.
- Better to serve in morning with breakfast for energetic whole day.