Yogurts are not only incredible in taste but it offers several health benefits. Lactobacillus Bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus are two significant bacteria responsible for conversion of whole milk into yogurt. Yogurt is very popular dairy product throughout world and it is high in demand for preparation of several recipes.
Yogurt is mainly white in color but commercial brands add some extra artificial color so, it differs from homemade. It is great source of protein because it prepare from whole milk. Proteins in yogurt are of two types- whey and casein, milk proteins which are soluble in water known as whey proteins, whereas proteins which are insoluble known casein; these two kinds of milk proteins are rich in amino acids and easily digested.
Casein is majority in yogurt, about 80% casein proteins present in yogurt but whey proteins are minority in yogurt because they are only 20% present in yogurt. Whey proteins are in minority but they are widely popular among bodybuilders and athletes as their supplement for muscles growth. It also offers many health benefits like helps in weight loss and lower the risk of blood pressure. Yogurt is rich in Trans fat but it depends upon quality of milk, which it yields from. They are saturated but also contains good amount of mono saturated fat.
Yogurts are fully loaded with nutrients, which are required by human body. They includes several vitamins and minerals in very high amount which plays vital role in proper functioning of our body like- calcium, phosphorus, Roboflavin (vitamins B2) and vitamins B12. Surprisingly, a unique live bacteria found in yogurt named Probiotics; very beneficial for our health. It helps in enhancing our immune system, lower the risk of blood cholesterol, helpful in proper digestion and protect against diarrhea and constipation.
So, you can think smoothies which are made from this type of valuable yogurt, how beneficial for us. Delicious! Yogurt smoothies are very easy and quick in method for making it in home. These smoothies are not only popular among kinds but they are liked by elders too due to sweet creamy and thick smooth in taste. Consuming yogurt smoothies in morning with breakfast makes it complete meal and it yields high energy whole day. We can add some fresh or frozen fruit to make our smoothies more delicious and healthy.
How to Make Yogurt Smoothies
Prep time: 6 minutes
Blending time: 2 minutes
Total time: 8 minutes
- 1 fresh or frozen medium size banana
- 1 cup skimmed milk
- 2cup plain or vanilla yoghurt
- ½ cup strawberry or ice cream (optional)
- 1 tsp natural honey
- 5 ice cubes
Directions for preparing yogurt smoothies:
- Wash fruits in cold running water.
- Peel and cut fresh or frozen banana into slices.
- Place banana slices and ½ cup skimmed milk into electric blender’s jar.
- Add 2 cup yogurt of your choice flavor into jar but plain yogurt is pretty better selection for making smoothies.
- Add ½ cup strawberry ice cream and honey to taste.
- Eventually, we add 4 ice cubes and blend it for 1 minute until it smooth and creamy.
- If your yogurt smoothies look thicker than add 2 ice cubes to maintain its thickness.
- Pour it into a glass and serve it with additional ice cubes.
Taste: Creamy sweet and smooth.
How to serve: Serve it with additional crushed ice or ice cubes to make smoothies chilled and garnish with cherries and strawberries slices. Best drink in morning with breakfast and past night with dinner to feel more energetic and healthy.
- Make sure of cap of blender must arrange properly.
- Do not try to stir smoothies with folk while electric blender running.
- If you desire to prepare your smoothies smooth and creamy add some extra yogurt and ice cream.
- If you want to make your smoothies perfect, always add a single or more variety of fresh fruit like banana, strawberry, blueberry, mango, peach and pineapple etc.
- If you are looking for fancy yogurt smoothies, add dry fruits and pieces and strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, pineapple and extra honey nectar.